DO-178C and DO-254 are now required for nearly all aerospace-related systems. Commercial and military aircraft, UAV’s, and even satellites require compliance or certification to DO-178C/254. However, both newcomers and experts agree: DO-178C/254 are potentially complex standards with either great benefits, or great costs, depending upon your understanding. Since most systems contain both hardware and software, this class combines DO-178C (software) and DO-254 (hardware). Attendees will learn how best to determine the exact application of both DO-178C and DO-254 to various components within their system.
This class combines DO-178C (software) and DO-254 (hardware). Attendees will learn how best to determine the exact application of both DO-178 and DO-254 to various components within their system.
During the DO-178 training session, attendees will learn the real intent of DO-178C and DO-178B industry-best practices to make them efficient.
A brief history of the DO-254 and DO-178C standards will be provided so that all attendees have a common understanding of the DO-178/254 evolution path leading to today’s interpretation.Attendees learn what is really required to start a project in terms of safety, tools, quality assurance, and configuration management.
During the DO-254 training session, attendees will learn process of developing DO-178/254 compliant requirements, design, implementation, and verification are all thoroughly covered. Best practices and avoiding common mistakes are also explored in great detail.
Assessing DO-254/DO-178 gaps in your organization is dealt with, along with estimating costs and benefits of applying DO-178/254.
- DO-178 & DO-254 History, Introduction & Needs
- DO-178C/254 Principles
- Document Hierarchy & Criticality Levels
- DO-178C Certification Plans (PSAC, SCMP, SVP, SDP, SQAP)
- DO-254 Certification Plans (PHAC, HCMP, HVVP, HDP, HPAP)
- ARP4761 Safety Assessments
- PSAC/PHAC Details
- System & Requirements Details
- DO178/254 Design Aspects
- DO178/254 Implementation, Coding and Reviews
- DO178/254 Verification & Introduction
- DO178/254 Verification Details
- DO-178/254 vs CMMI
- DO-178C Structural Coverage, Tools & Strategies
- DO-178/254 Mistakes & Prevention
- DO-254 Additional details
- Gap Analysis & Reverse Engineering
- Design, Data & Control Flow
- Special Topic: Hardware Verification
- COTS Usage in DO-178/254
- Discuss DO-178C Supplements: DO-330 Software Tool Qualification; DO-331 Model-Based
- Development and Verification; DO-332 Object-Oriented Technology; DO-333 Formal Methods Supplement.
- DO-178C/254 Cost Estimation & Metrics